With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Gillman Heating and Air professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system working efficiently for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is running correctly and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area surrounding your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Gillman Heating and Air a call at 478-202-3076.