As spring starts, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Perry? Even if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was operating well last summer.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your system examined annually by a Gillman Heating and Air pro can help locate small problems before they become huge meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is installed outside, it’s more inclined to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to maintain complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up in your equipment can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to elevated energy use—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the long run, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps find minor troubles before they lead to large, costly issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly look at pieces and complete a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate troubles before they become large troubles that lead to a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free comfort throughout the summer. After your equipment is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to advanced failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the ensuing locations and components:
- Overall unit order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Gillman Heating and Air
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Gillman Heating and Air pros a shout at 478-202-3076 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.