In Perry you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace fix-up
visit in the near future. At the very least, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and effect your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which works furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some symptoms for you to scan for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in a professional, like Gillman Heating and Air, if you see any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem tired? Signs related to your blower could suggest a bit of a problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running noisily or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace at once and turn off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a obstructed condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC experts to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of complications. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Gillman Heating and Air at 478-202-3076 when you need to arrange repairs or routine maintenance.