During the cooler Perry months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Gillman Heating and Air will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Gillman Heating and Air ASAP if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Gillman Heating and Air can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Gillman Heating and Air at 478-202-3076 or book an appointment with us online.