Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Perry season, have the experts at Gillman Heating and Air perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Gillman Heating and Air today at 478-202-3076.