Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Perry are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also impact the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Gillman Heating and Air in Perry can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 478-202-3076 and stay comfortable this summer.