Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Perry is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Gillman Heating and Air always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Gillman Heating and Air in Perry at 478-202-3076 today.