There’s no getting around the changing weather in Perry, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to think about annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Gillman Heating and Air expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few basic ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Perry. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the pros at Gillman Heating and Air a call at 478-202-3076 to start saving a little more today.